Are you confused about the Paid Family Medical Leave Act [PFMLA]? Several employers have asked us for clarification on their 1099-Misc contractors. Hence, this blog will provide you with the critical information.
- An explanation of the availability of family and medical leave benefits and the procedures for self-employed individual to become covered individuals;
- The self-employed individual’s contribution amount and obligation is the were to become a covered individual;
- The employer’s contribution amount and obligations;
- The employer’s name, mailing address, and email address;
- The employer’s identification number assigned by the Department (FEIN);
- Instructions on how to file a claim for family and medical leave benefits;
- The address and telephone number of the Department; and
- An other information deemed necessary by the Department.
The stature says that these notices must contain “[a]ny other information deemed necessary by the Department,” it is possible that the Department may impose additional notice requirements when it issues final regulation later this year.
Still confused? We can help! Contact us today.