LEGAL UPDATE: JULY 1 – Contribution rate split for employers with fewer than 25 employees

Contribution rate split for employers with fewer than 25 employees

Breakdown of how the total contribution (.63%) is split among medical leave contribution (.52%) and family leave contribution (.11%).

Visual breakdown explained

Employers with fewer than 25 employees must remit contributions to the Department of Family and Medical Leave but are not responsible for remitting the employer’s share.

Family leave

Up to 100 percent of the family leave contribution can be deducted from employee wages.

Medical leave

Up to 40 percent of the medical leave contribution can be deducted from employee wages. Employers don’t have to contribute the remaining 60 percent.

Additional Resources

Open PDF file, 956.55 KB, forDRAFT DFML Regulations (PDF 956.55 KB)

Leave a Comment