MINIMIZE LIABILITY FOR YOUR HOLIDAY PARTIES!
MINIMIZE LIABILITY — ARE YOU AT RISK?
Minimize Liability — Will you be civilly liable for negligent acts taking place within the scope of employment?
Minimize Liability — Will you be confronted with a harassment, discrimination, or retaliation violations?
Minimize Liability — As a small business owner you must think long and hard whether to host a holiday party. Are you worried?
TAKE THESE RISKS SERIOUSLY
Consider these precautions when planning your company holiday party:
Before the party, review policies surrounding drugs and alcohol abuse, harassment, dating, fighting, weapons, and misconduct.
Foster a work environment free of harassment, discrimination or retaliation;
Consider if you need a private arbitration program to resolve employee complaints;
Educate employees about NO – harassment, retaliation and EEOC policies and procedures.
Familiarize yourself with Title VII.
WE SUGGEST THE FOLLOWING WHEN PRE-PLANNING YOUR PARTIES:
- Don’t serve alcohol or limit the over-consumption of alcohol;
- Assign designated drivers, or make hotel rooms, Uber, Lift, or taxi fares available;
- Offer drink tickets to limit consumption;
- Limit the length of the party and close the bar one hour before the party ends;
- Remind employee’s to drink responsibly!
- Provide food and entertainment to take the focus off drinking;
- Host the party off-site where a professional bartender is trained to limit harm and liability.
- Make sure underage guests are easily identified to prevent service.
Approximately 33% of employers report misconduct at holiday parties.
Often this misconduct presents itself in the form or an off-colored joke, vulgar language, sexual advances, arguments with co-workers or fights. With proper pre-planning and education you can contain these issues and reduce possible misconduct at holiday parties. If everyone follows these suggestions outlined above you can minimize liability and have an enjoyable holiday party.
Are you are faced with a dilemma? Are your policies up to date? Do you need assistance? Dube Consulting is available to assist you with training, employee handbooks, or claims of misconduct. Contact us with your questions. We will guide you through the necessary steps to minimize liability.
LET US HELP YOU MINIMIZE YOUR RISK AND ENJOY THE HOLIDAYS.
FROM OUR BUSINESS TO YOURS HAPPY HOLIDAYS!